FCL.810 Night rating
(a) Aeroplanes, TMGs, airships.
(1) If the privileges of an LAPL or a PPL for aeroplanes, TMGs or airships are to
be exercised in VFR conditions at night, applicants shall have completed a
training course at an ATO. The course shall comprise:
- (i) theoretical knowledge instruction;
- (ii) at least 5 hours of flight time in the appropriate aircraft category at night,
including at least 3 hours of dual instruction, including at least 1 hour of
cross-country navigation with at least one dual cross-country flight of at
least 50 km and 5 solo take-offs and 5 solo full-stop landings.
(2) Before completing the training at night, LAPL holders shall have completed
the basic instrument flight training required for the issue of the PPL.
(3) When applicants hold both a single-engine piston aeroplane (land) and a TMG
class rating, they may complete the requirements in (1) above in either class
or both classes.